Denied [Main Server Suggestion] Getting Rid of AFK Rules

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rb3jr, Mar 11, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blazwura97

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐

EcoDollars:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +687
    Taxes would be x10 worse and that would also effect the casual players who aren't afking 24/7. The economy isn't as "fucked as you think it is" because nobody fucking plays, simple as lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. rb3jr

rb3jr EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +16
    like I said after in one of my reply’s, I think it was too you. 10-12 hours is too much and my mistake for putting that in my original post. Having something that kicked players after 2-4 hours is what we need, I just really don’t feel like it should be a perma ban kinda no no. Have a set time everyday where the server kicks everyone out, the people that are still looking at their pc can rejoin and keep grinding, and the people that are not will miss out.

3. Zedoker

Zedoker ~|Huggable Ex-GameAdmin & Ex-Tomkfc Lover|~
    ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,312
    Aight lets discuss.
    For starters, you and I and everyone else except staff (probably just Clar/Lopp to that extent) aren't able to see the economy statistics since /baltop was removed. I could go and /balall all active users and compile it, but that's just not feasible and would take too much work to do every player who has significant money. That being said, you don't know the economy, no one does except at the top level.
    However, there are metrics that can easily be traced to the amount of ECD in the economy. One of which being the ECD->USD rate. Back when started in 2013, that rate was about 5k/usd. From 2013 to about 2019, the rate stayed about the same, maybe going up to like 8k,9k/usd. Starting in 2020 and onwards, notice how that rate is unheard of? That's because magic tools (ground-breaking, economy busting, etc) were introduced, and the server economy never went back. Nowadays, features are like 100k/usd because that's sort of what people can easily afford nowadays, along with the demand of features. Like yes, the usd-ecd rate tends to drop when theres a low demand and high supply, but in 2013-2019, 1mil+ was still considered to be a high bal, not just an average balance.
    Leads me to your point, the economy isn't "brittle" per say. It won't collapse with AFK money making methods, what it will do is push us even more into hyperinflation, which has been a major gripe of a lot of players and probably a significant reason that new players don't stick around despite some concessions being made for them. It's either too hard to make money, or too easy, both of which are deterrents to a new player.
    Let me give an example. Prior to joining ECC, I was part of a small economy-based server, literally like 20 people but the owner was rich and tried to advertise and stuff. When you "beat the server," you basically got access to signs that sold stuff to the server for insane prices. Once people got to that level, if they didn't build, they were bored and started ranking up the people who just started to the max rank just like that. Lone behold, everyone had money and no interest in playing because the idea of a grind had been ruined. There was nothing to take more money out, which was one of the major problems.
    The idea youre presenting is that the economy can take extra millions because it won't break. The economy is currently broken with the insane amount of hyperinflation. Adding more money is going to just add to the insane amount of ECD and eventually, prices and everything are going to adjust to the point where things are worth so much that the whole ranking up system is going to basically be useless.
    ECC is the only economy server that has lasted for 10+ years without falling pray to massive hyperinflation. Im talking that each block of dirt is worth like $5000 and ranking up costs 20mil. The more money that is in the economy, the more likely that prices will need to go up in order to counteract that. We've made it this long without allowing afk money making methods, there is absolutely no point in introducing it and stretching the economy more.
    I actually made a similar post on a thread about raising rank prices back when the hyperinflation first started with a massive influx of magic tools hitting the economy:
    "The more of something that exists, the less they are worth."
    I can imagine how over-inflated the economy can become if people were allowed to make money afk, especially with the game-ending tools of today. Like despite nerfs and all that, its still chilling to think what something like a magic III rod can do even in like 1-2 hours of being afk

#23 Zedoker, Mar 13, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
  4. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $10,000,000
    Ratings:
    +4,869
    And aside from all the economic aspects (which Zedo has summarized very well above), it is simply not in the server's best interest to encourage being AFK:
    If we want new players to join and stay, it probably won't help if the tab list shows a lot of players online and simply nobody is responding because they're all just AFK. A lower, but active player count seems preferable over a large, inactive one.

#24 314, Mar 13, 2024
  5. BobbyBlack

BobbyBlack Community Spokesperson
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    yeah and why would this be the case... maybe cuz we had to reset a few times because things were leading in that direction...

you sit there doing the same shit you have been doin for the past 10+ years instead of introducing new things to do. I am sure you are still having fun melon farming, or mining, or building 200x200 farms. Really fun!!

6. Zedoker

Ratings:
    +2,312
    Ignoring the pathetic attempt at flaming (and with the knowledge that youre building some kind of massive 2k x 2kfarm while saying something about 200x200 farms.. for 10x the fun?), notice how the resets didn’t really do anything, nor was the primary rationale for the resets to reset the economy but to adjust for Minecraft’s integration for running the server on old worlds and bringing the main worlds alongside the map/world updates.
    Your point makes no sense because if the primary goals of a reset was to reset the economy, we’d be sitting in a better economical state, which we really arent.
    The trajectory of the economy wasnt going to be offset by the restarts due to the tools and prestiges that have used in tandum to increase ecd output. The resets may have slowed it down, but the economy was already on its way up. The main reason that the economy hasnt hyperinflated despite resets is that playercount has arguably been low since the reset days. Less players (and less extreme donors) generated less ecd into the economy, slowing down the track that the economy was on.
    Either way, the economy wouldve become what it is today, maybe slightly worse without the resets.
    Which brings me to the fact that instead of “introducing new things” to this suggestion, you pinpointed something and provided a weird-ass “argument” to why ecc hasnt fallen prey to massive hyperinflation. Make it make sense please.

#26 Zedoker, Mar 13, 2024
  7. BobbyBlack

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ XI ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +1,516
    Built* a massive farm actually. I finished it a few days ago!! :D And I built it because I wanted to own a farm. And while I did build a farm, do I really wanna continue to build one? no. So yes I am saying have fun doing the same shit for years upon years instead of introducing new things.

So your telling me the first reset we had was not due to economy? The server quite literally died before it got reset. Star crates got introduced for usd and the economy absolutely went to shit. The server had a full reset then. While things did have to do with backend, I am fairly certain that the reset then was mostly due to the economy falling apart. The reset after that in 2020/2021 could be argued that it was for backend, but once again the economy was falling apart then too, but this time due to god drops and magic! The 2020/2021 reset carried over L3 tools, and we seen a ecd conversion of 100:1. You can't tell me that the reset was mainly for back end if we didnt carry over much on the reset.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  8. Zedoker

Ratings:
    +2,312
    Still dont really get this, yea some people melon farm, some people do the same thing from years past, but i would say many people have adapted? I have, most of the server has, so I'm not really sure what you mean.

https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/ecocitycraft-2-0-official-information.211200/
    Initial reset said that the coding for the minecraft update was intensive. I remember at the time, the primary question was "do we reset and allow for future minecraft updates to be allowed, or do we just stay outdated" not "do we kill the economy."
    This primarily is because no one wants to join an outdated server, like lets be realistic, staying outdated wouldve killed the server.

While the 2nd reset introduced taxes, I cant find a conversion rate nor anything to indicate a true reason of why. Still, the point stands that the economy is hyperinflated and having people afk to make easy money ruins the point of a "hardcore economy server" and could push hyperinflation to its extremes, which is a major issue that people are having with the server.
    Again, i dont want to stray away from the point of this suggestion, im happy to have economical debates elsewhere but overall this suggestion aint it

9. NossaFlossa

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $61,685,565
    Ratings:
    +992
    The traditional money making methods on this server are so brainless and tedious that it blows my mind how anybody could still be doing this after years. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy to devote themselves to the melons. The repetition required to play the server is probably a big reason why old players don't want to do it. People will have more time and money to do the projects they want if this suggestion is accepted.

It is a grinding server now because everything good has been stripped away (Thanks Microsoft :angelic:). If we want players, maybe we can start bundling features together, stop pricing things in such a way where new people have to spend hundreds of USD just to have a chance in this economy. Also by unblocking vanilla elements of the game like beacon effects, hoppers, pistons, paying for nether/end (These worlds are useless), etc.

You literally mob farm for hours assuming you use an autoclicker. Is this what you mean by playing the game?

Your experience on this server proves nothing about our own. Many people on here like working on town projects and generally love the community according to this thread https://ecocitycraft.com/forum/threads/why-do-you-play-ecc.225202/ . Not many in there saying they like the grind!

Right so the servers been up for 10 years and players are declining rapidly. No point in introducing any kind of change now right? Lets just keep things they way they have always been and continue blocking features that may be useful with each new major update rather than adapting.

I think it's time to ditch the traditional aspect of grinding for money and start getting with the times. The server is severely behind in meeting the expectations of new players. It took us so long just to get /trade, enable anvils, enchantment tables, shulker boxes, the list goes on. I'm tired of hearing that we can't enable pistons or hoppers due to lag or potential dupes. Don't we have basic measures in place to detect these things? Wouldn't it be obvious? Things like chunk limiters exist for hoppers. I'm curious about what kind of automation could be possible with just a few hoppers and pistons. Builders making a small sugar cane farm on their plot? For heaven's sake, we have dropped the price of ice from $0.05 to $0 because someone might create a macro to /lb tb & /sell ice.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    #29 NossaFlossa, Mar 15, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
  10. strongpelt

strongpelt ~*Alaskan Sponsor*~
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +2,066
    So I actually do agree with this portion. Just not the afk. But this part I'd 100% agree with

11. BobbyBlack

Ratings:
    +1,516
    bruuuuuh why can other servers have pistons and hoppers, and item frames and armor stands enabled but ECC canttttttttttttttttttttt

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  12. Zedoker

Ratings:
    +2,312
    Didnt know that autoclicker mods were part of “vanilla elements”
    But really though, some of those “vanilla elements” are blocked for a reason, like imagine all the redstone contraptions that you see on youtube that people will try to build, cant imagine a boat load of people trying to build all that. I can see some stuff but not everything on the list due to limitations. Plus you know some people will do what they can to abuse them, dont try to justify that it wont be abused.
    I never said anything in my experience about the grind, if anything my experience and why I play are aligned to other people on the server, so I don’t really get why youre saying this. I haven’t beat the server nor have accomplished the things that the top players have.

I agree adding the vanilla elements would be fun, but similar to Bobby, it seems like youre going off on the current problems of the server instead of offering anything up to this suggestion.
    Im down for testing out/enabling vanilla features, but afk money generation aint it

13. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,068
    No.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.