Help needed - plot flags

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by JodyPalmer, Jan 7, 2024.

1. JodyPalmer

JodyPalmer President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +5
    I was trying to make a plot in my town. I have the TowncontrolePlus2 feature.

What I am aiming to do is to place a very small plot like 3x3, where customers of my shop can place a shulkerbox to fill up or empty.

Secondly, I am aiming to place a chest on a separate small plot of 1x1, where visitors can open the chest and edit the inventory by taking free stuff out of placing some in, without to be able to break the chest.

Are these two possible, without changing the overall RG-flags ?

Thanks in advance !

2. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,381
    You would set the plot, then you can apply the flags directly to the plot.
    For example if you do select your desired plot area and do `/setplot jordan shulkers JodyPalmer` it will make the region "jordanshulkers" in your town.
    This is the name you use when using /rg flag.

With TownControlPlus3 (which is a tier above what you have) you can have the flag allow-block-break and "allow block-place" set.
    You need to have the following flags added to your new shulkers plot
    /rg flag jordanshulkers allow-block-place shulker_box
    /rg flag jordanshulkers allow-block-break shulker_box

This will allow all users to place/break PLAIN shulkerboxes within that plot. If you want them to be able to use colored shulkerboxes then you must add each color shulkerbox

Example:
    /rg flag jordanshulkers allow-block-place shulker_box,blue_shulker_box,pink_shulker_box
    Keep in mind you can only issue commands up to 256 chars, with 16 colors of shulkerboxes it is not possible to allow all 16 colors and flag commands are not something you can just "add" to after they are set, they must be set with all their variables in one command.
    This flag requires TownControlPlus3 - you would need someone with the feature to issue the flag for you.

If the overall town has a chest-access deny flag then you must negate this flag on the plot to allow users to access the chest. You can set the 1x1x1 plot over the chest and set the flag of the plot itself (similar to above) with a chest-access allow flag
    /rg flag <plotregionname> chest-access allow.
    This will allow users to access the chest but it will not allow them to access chests anywhere else in the town.

You can negate overall flags on the town within plots by setting the opposite flag on the plot - the opposite flag will only apply to the plot, since the plot is a sub-region of your town, it will not translate to the entire town due to how inheritance works.

I believe this answers your questions - let us know if you need anymore help!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. JodyPalmer

JodyPalmer President
    President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️

Ratings:
    +5
    Great !!! That was what I was looking for.
    Didn't know that the plot got the name of the town + the given name of the plot.
    Thanks very much !

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,068
    Thanks Clare!