Getting around the damage-animals: DENY Flag

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by Alarah, Apr 8, 2024.

1. Alarah

Alarah ECC's Newest Sponsor!
    ECC Sponsor EcoLeader ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $19,999,999
    Ratings:
    +334
    Minecraft Username: Alarah

Brief Description: So, allegedly, while innocently placing random fires around /warp sky with my alleged flint and steel, a lonely sheep allegedly walked into one of the flames and promptly became medium rare mutton. (It was a wild, unnamed sheep) The damage-animals flag was set to deny.

Instructions: light the ground below an innocent animal to watch it burn.

How many times did you recreate this?: Allegedly, just once cuz i didn't wanna allegedly kill them all :(

Result: 1 alleged Light Grey wool and Cooked Mutton.

Expected Result: Would hope that the damage-animals: DENY flag would override the alleged fire damage

Evidence: Allegedly, I Can re-create in a controlled setting that I own if needed.

#1 Alarah, Apr 8, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2024
  2. 314

314 Irratioπal President, former ServerAdmin
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Premium Upgrade

EcoDollars:
    $499,999
    Ratings:
    +4,866
    I would assume this is intentional; the flag doesn't appear to protect mobs from anything except player damage.
    (A while ago I lost about 30 bees to entity cramming because I assumed damage-animals:deny would protect against that too.)

3. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,381
    Not a bug, this is how the flag functions.

The damage-animals deny flag only prevents animals from being hurt by players. Fire/Lava, fall damage, cramming and drowning is considered "environmental" and cannot be prevented.
    Fire/Lava requires build perms to place.
    Fall Damage/Drowning requires either access to the mob to shove them or the ability to place water to drown them.

Keep your mobs secure and your owner/members to only trusted users to keep mobs safe.
    Interact deny flags will also prevent the use of leads/saddles as well.

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,068
    Thanks Clare! :)