Bugged chests

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by rb3jr, Mar 14, 2024.

1. rb3jr

rb3jr EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ I ⭐

Ratings:
    +16
    I had bought around 20 double chests of quartz blocks from @WyvernKings around 12/18/23. He brought them too me and right away I put them in chests behind my quartz room in my shop, I have since then added to those chests slowly but surely. I ended up having around 24 1/2 double chests of quartz blocks, behind my shop as storage, + i had my shop full of blocks. I just had been in the last few chests 3 days ago when I bought quartz from ckocik7, the chests at the front I have not gotten into in a month or more, but no more then 3 months ago. Today I brought some quartz in shulkers to store in this said storage room and I open the chests and shockingly nothing is in them. I had half the chests /locked, and I have the flag set where non-members can't access so I was not worried too much about /locking them, the only other person in my town is my Irl girlfriend sillysam116 and I know she did not take them. I'm not really asking for a return of blocks, but I know for sure these blocks where there a few days ago, and now they are gone. Just hoping to get to the bottom of it because I'm 99% sure it was some kind of bug, and I definitely don't want to have it happen to me again. Sorry to be a pain in the butt, just really curious as to where my blocks went.

Thanks in advance, sorry for the trouble

2. coow_coow

coow_coow Shiny Staff
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    #2 coow_coow, Mar 14, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2024
  3. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,381
    Ok, so based on my investigation;

When I first came to examine the area the other day when you mentioned it - many of the chests were not locked. But there is a chest-access flag on the town, this flag was added to the town on 12/14/2023.
    At the time - logblock was going back about 4 weeks, upon examining your chests I had no log-blocks of any sort of transactions with the chests.
    This means that anything that happened, happened over 4 weeks ago.

With the chest-access flag being on, and unfortunately no records otherwise I can only come up with two possible outcomes.

1. The chests were stolen from over a month ago and it was done by someone who was added to the town, logs show you added several users to member/owner over the course of a few weeks in December. Some who remained added to the town for several weeks - months, those same users you only removed earlier this month, about 2 weeks ago. But without the logblock you can't really verify which one of these users might be responsible.

Or....
    2. It was you who moved the quartz and you simply don't remember.

I don't think there is a bug or glitch here, just a lack of records/too much time passed to determine what happened.
    In sense of rules/legality, if someone was added to the town and could access the chests - it would still be considered fair game.
    In terms of you moving the material and not remembering, that's on you.

I'm sorry about all of this - I know that was ALOT of quartz, but this is as far as I can go. Logblock simply does not have the information anymore.

4. rb3jr

rb3jr EcoLegend

Ratings:
    +16

Ok thank you for looking into it clar, I’ll just have to watch who I add to my town from now on. Had a lot of building going on, maybe someone slipped in and stole it all. Very weird.

5. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    U can also make a plot that excludes the vault or specific plots to add people for various reasons.

6. rb3jr

rb3jr EcoLegend

Ratings:
    +16
    I was not aware of that, I’ll have to look into it in game! Thank you!

7. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,068
    Thanks for looking into this Clare! :)