[Bug Report] mcMMO Abilities.

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by RealRichNixon, Jan 2, 2024.

1. RealRichNixon

RealRichNixon Pres. Richard Nixon by day, GameAdmin by night.
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +395
    Minecraft Username:
    @RealRichNixon

Brief Description:
    When preparing to use an mcMMO ability (like "Tree Feller" for woodcutting or "Super Breaker" for mining), there is no indication that the user is "ready" to use it. Prior to the 1.20.4 this worked as intended, however now it seems as though this is missing. The ability does work as intended, as does the "boss bar" at the top of the screen. I will give more detail and clarity in the next sections.

Instructions:
    1. Hold an axe or pickaxe. (I have tested with these two tools, however other tools can be tested.)
    2. Previously, there would be a message just above the exp bar saying "Your sword is ready" and "You have lowered your sword" upon right clicking with the tool in hand. (I do not recall the exact verbiage, but it's something similar to that.) This is not happening as of the latest update. Once the ability has been activated, allow it to finish cooling down. There is no message stating that "Your <ability> ability has refreshed!"
    3. Note the missing indicator messages. Note the boss bar's functionality, and upon attempting to use an mcMMO ability, note its functionality. Activating the ability works as intended, as does the boss bar. Note the lack of indication that an ability's cooldown has lapsed.

How many times did you recreate this?:
    I am able to recreate this with ease numerous times, using at least two different tools, by simply right clicking with the tool in my hand.

Result:
    Currently, there is no indication of when an ability is readied by the user (via right-click), and there is no indication of when an ability's cooldown is available or activated.

Expected Result:
    I would expect to see messages indicating raising a tool, lowering a tool, an ability being activated, an ability wearing off, and an ability being off of cooldown.

Evidence:
    https://ibb.co/vqBBgcy
    This is an image describing where these missing messages would go. I used my tree feller ability, and you can see the bar at the top of the screen is working. The messages above the exp bar however were missing.

Other:
    I have tested with both clients Fabric 1.19 and 1.20.4 and the issues persisted across both. Also I'm not sure if it matters but I have the mcMMOPlus3 feature.

#1 RealRichNixon, Jan 2, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
  2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,068
    Thanks for reporting, I have reported this to the mcmmo developer. :)