[Bug Report / Help & Support] Excessive log messages.

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by RealRichNixon, Jan 10, 2024.

1. RealRichNixon

RealRichNixon Pres. Richard Nixon by day, GameAdmin by night.
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +395
    Minecraft Username:
    @RealRichNixon

Brief Description:
    It's only been lately that I've noticed that my logs have been spammed rather excessively by what I assume to be ECC's Anti-Cheat system.

Instructions:
    1. Play ECC for some time. (I am guilty of spending several hours per day on ECC.)
    2. Open the latest.log file.
    3. Search via Ctrl+F or Command+F the following: "Received packet for unknown team".
    4. Note the number of lines that match the search.

How many times did you recreate this?:
    I've recreated this several times. I've tested with other clients and this continues to happen for me. I'm not sure if anyone else is able to reproduce this.

Result:
    My logs are being spammed periodically with messages. I would rather not have this happen.

Expected Result:
    It may seem rather mundane but I would rather report this not only for the sake of keeping my logs cleaner, but also in case it signals that there is an issue with how Anti-Cheat / some other process on ECC is running.

Evidence:
    https://prnt.sc/cQ9HSDcfWvsc

My logs span a time period of about 4 hours and 45 minutes, and I have about 2800 lines of messages (using wc -l latest.log). Of those about 2800, 1069 have this error. They spam logs intermittently, as one can see how many entries come from the same time frame in the screenshot provided above.

I know this will likely be a very low priority thing, and it might even just be an issue with my computer, but it's something that's been irking me and I would rather report it than say nothing.

2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,068
    This is something you will have to deal with on your end.
    I see no instances of "Received packet for unknown team" in any of my local logs.

#2 andrewkm, Jan 11, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
  3. FuriuosGeorge

FuriuosGeorge I got answers and am no longer curiuos
    ECC Sponsor President ⛰️⛰️ Ex-President ⚒️⚒️ Prestige ⭐ III ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +355
    for piece of mind @RealRichNixon I searched about a weeks worth of logs and couldn't find anything with the word "team" in it.

4. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,068
    Thanks FuriuosGeorge.