Boosted Items/PV issues

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by KiwiAngelTwist, Jan 15, 2024.

1. KiwiAngelTwist

KiwiAngelTwist EcoLegend
    EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLeader ⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IV ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +204
    Minecraft Username:
    KiwiAngelTwist

Brief Description:
    I had a boost3 dirt, item #LRCJWVZY that despawned when it was dropped using a PV (I had Lime check) this morning. Wolf was using it at the time. Two days before that, I had a similar experience using it except Radnika was picking up dirt for me and it ended up in his inventory. I think using the PVs might be an issue with transferring it that it drops the boost item instead, but I'm not entirely certain what happened.

How many times did you recreate this?
    Possibly twice, once for me and once for Wolfwoodnyo.

Result:
    Boosted Item was thrown from inventory.

Evidence:
    Lime checked the logs and the item was dropped while using PVs, unfortunately it despawned.

Additional Info:
    I keep it off my hotbar and I've even changed my "drop" item key to backspace so there isn't really a legit way I would've tossed it from my inventory with Rad. I do remember opening my PV right before he found it in his inventory.

#1 KiwiAngelTwist, Jan 15, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
  2. coow_coow

coow_coow Shiny Staff
    Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ Game Admin EcoLegend ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Prestige ⭐ VI ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +568
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    #2 coow_coow, Jan 16, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
  3. KiwiAngelTwist

KiwiAngelTwist EcoLegend

Ratings:
    +204
    No, just using regular minecraft.

4. KiwiAngelTwist

KiwiAngelTwist EcoLegend

Ratings:
    +204
    Lime mentioned that the item was dropped for Wolf when her PV was open if I understood right, and it was dropped.
    I had managed to drop it a few days prior with no real way that I could've (not on my hotbar, backspace is my drop key because I don't want to accidentally lose things that way) but I do remember checking my PV as well around the time it ended up in Rad's inventory.
    So aside from the server features, I'm just using vanilla minecraft.

5. wolfwoodnyo

wolfwoodnyo Arrrooo!
    EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +383
    i use mouse tweaks, journey map, and full brightness toggle

6. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,068
    #6 andrewkm, Jan 16, 2024
  7. ClarinetPhoenix

ClarinetPhoenix She does what she wants.
    Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,381
    @KiwiAngelTwist @wolfwoodnyo

Do either of you use any EcoSort features to move items in and out of your PVs while working with dirt?

#7 ClarinetPhoenix, Jan 16, 2024
  8. KiwiAngelTwist

KiwiAngelTwist EcoLegend

Ratings:
    +204
    I have ecosort base feature and it's enabled. I do shift click while holding items to move them into pvs and chests. I do not know what I might've moved while Radnika was gathering the dirt, but I think it was just my magic pick and magic shovel because I didn't need them. I may have shift clicked some random dirt stacks into it, I'm honestly not sure. I know I didn't touch the boosted dirt because I had just told Rad I wanted to get one more collectible before calling it a day, then a minute later he told me he somehow had it in his inventory.

9. wolfwoodnyo

wolfwoodnyo Arrrooo!
    EcoMaster ⛰️⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐⭐ X ⭐⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +383
    I just use mouse tweaks which makes it easier to craft items and spread them out in your chests/inv evenly. I have ecosort feat but I don't ever have it enabled.

10. ClarinetPhoenix

Owner Events Manager ECC Sponsor Mayor ⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ IX ⭐ Gameplay Architect Premium Upgrade Wiki Leader

Ratings:
    +5,381
    I have not been able to reproduce any mysterious dropping of items while in a PV inventory.

I do know its possible to drop an item from an inventory if you have it selected with your mouse, if you used it to shift-click other dirt between inventories. If you click outside the inventories with an item on your mouse, that item drops.
    If your inventory is full when you exit an inventory interface and you have an item clicked to your mouse it will drop from your "mouse" and count as an item dropped event.

I did discover some inconsistencies with toolsearch logging that may be causing you to think that PV's had an issue. I've sent a report/examples of these inconsistencies to your inbox @andrewkm
    With such potential holes in information I don't think its possible for me to confirm if a bug/random vanishing of an item did happen at this time. I will continue to monitor and see if I can reproduce it from time to time.

#10 ClarinetPhoenix, Jan 18, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
  11. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,068
    Thanks for investigating Clare.
    I've added the inconsistency issues with logging to our development tracker.

12. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,068

13. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,068
    @ClarinetPhoenix can you confirm that the log inconsistencies that we did fix, addressed the original issue here?

14. ClarinetPhoenix

Ratings:
    +5,381
    Unfortunately they are not fixed and the original issue here is still an issue.

15. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,068
    Alright thanks, at this time, we are moving this to the bottom of our development list.