/boost free bug on MN

Discussion in 'Help & Support / Errors & Bugs' started by xdogx, Dec 18, 2023.

1. xdogx

Mythic ⚔️ I ⚔️ ECC Sponsor Tycoon ⛰️⛰️⛰️ Ex-EcoLegend ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ Prestige ⭐ II ⭐ Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +45
    Minecraft Username:
    xdogx
    Brief Description:
    This may technically be two bugs, but yesterday I saw the announcement that /boost free was fixed on MN for BoosterPlus2. I went on MN and used /boost free and got a cooldown but no boosted item, but I didn't realize until I was making the bug report that I was only BoosterPlus, it wouldn't of given me a boosted item anyway so I closed the page without submitting the bug report. Christmas discount came out today so I actually bought BoosterPlus2 and when I went to use it, the bugged cooldown of two months was still active, so my MN cooldown that shouldn't of been there was never reset.
    Instructions:
    If its being treated as two bugs, attempt to use /boost free on MN with just BoosterPlus and it will give you a two month cooldown after saying the command is unknown. Then, if you upgrade to BoosterPlus2 the cooldown will not reset.
    How many times did you recreate this?:
    Just once.
    Result:
    Didn't get a boosted item yesterday (wasn't supposed to get one, wasn't boosterplus2) but I did get a bugged cooldown. After purchasing BoosterPlus2 today the bugged cooldown did not reset on MN so I can't use that /boost free.
    Expected Result:
    Using /boost free on MN while being BoosterPlus should not boost your item, but it shouldn't give you a cooldown either. Purchasing BoosterPlus2 should remove the cooldown.
    Evidence:

This first video is from yesterday where I used /boost free while only being BoosterPlus and got the bugged cooldown. (tabbed out to respond to someone on discord from 0:38 to 1:23 but left it in so the video wasn't edited in any way)

This is the video from today where I moved my boosted item over to MN and tried to apply the boost but wasn't able to due to the bugged cooldown from yesterday.

2. andrewkm

Founder Premium Upgrade

Ratings:
    +15,068
    Looks like I missed a minor instance for this on the previous report.
    This is now fixed. Your cooldown for boost free has also been reset on the MainNorth server. :)